Do you want deeper, more meaningful, more conscious relationships with the people in your life?
Do you want to know yourself in profoundly new ways, and be a catalyst for others to know themselves as well?
Do you want to have the power to lead any relationship toward greater understanding, deeper connection and intimacy, and sustainable trust and regard?
Welcome to The ART of Being Human - Level 1
Authentic Relating Training
Participants regularly say that the ART Level 1 Authentic Relating course was one of the most powerful and transformational relational experiences of their lives.
New York City • Chicago • Boulder • Seattle • Portland • San Francisco • Maui •Vancouver • Bali • Sydney • Brisbane • Melbourne • London • Amsterdam • More To Come
We designed this course to activate and expand your relational capacities to radically transform all your relationships and experience connection, intimacy, trust, and aliveness with anyone, anytime.
We've delivered the same Level 1 Course to spiritual seekers in Bali, jail inmates in Colorado, executives in New York City, and men and women from all across the political, social, economic, and cultural spectrum, and participants the world over report profound and lasting transformation in all aspects of their lives. The course speaks in the universal language of human connection, and is designed specifically to include everyone in the practice of Authentic Relating, no matter what path they've traveled in life.
Our highly qualified and experienced facilitators teach you the communication and relational skills that result in healthy, vibrant connections. We place a heavy emphasis on learning through practice and experience so that you can apply new skills and ways of being right away, with everyone from partners to strangers.
We believe that we all have the capacity to be bridges - between parts of ourselves, ourselves with others, and together with the world. The course's mission is to build bridges, and use our bridges to heal, connect, and co-create a more enlivened, awakened world - together.
As a graduate of the ART Level 1 course, you will leave the weekend with:
- The ability to engage in deep, meaningful, soulful conversations with anyone, anytime, anywhere
- A powerful language and skill-set to accurately and transparently express your authentic experience in real time, and to invite others to do the same
- The awareness to identify your true, core desires, and the ability to articulate them to others
- A profound understanding of the dignity of speaking your authentic voice, and the humility of using your eyes and ears to pay attention to - and learn from - the world around you
- The ability to see and reflect the essential being in others, and to gently guide them into a space in which they can be fully, wholly themselves - one of the greatest gifts we can offer each other
- A complete set of powerful tools to de-escalate conflict and to use conflict as a vehicle leading to deeper connection, understanding, and empathy
- A restored connection to childlike genuine curiosity, and a perspective that regards the world with awe and wonder
- The ability to set powerful context at both the personal and collective levels, and a clear understanding of how influential context is in informing our experience of life
- An experience of profoundly vulnerable, intimate, beautiful connections with other participants that will leave you inspired, delighted, and heart-opened
The ART of Being Human - Level 1
Both days begin at 10am and end roughly at 8pm, with a 90 minute lunch break in the early afternoon. Highly trained and experienced course facilitators guide you through a thoroughly tested and proven sequence of exercises designed to teach you the most powerful tools to create and deepen connection, with facilitated group conversation after each exercise to ensure maximum learning. We've constructed the exercises to ensure that the foundational skills of Authentic Relating are most efficiently and effectively absorbed by participants, no matter their level of prior experience or training.
- What is Authentic Relating?
- The Four Authentic Relating Principles
- The Three Levels of Conversation
- The Power of Agreements
- The Foundation of Connection
- The Role of the Witness
- Genuine Curiosity
- Dignity and Humility, Posture and Collapse
- Be the Guru
- The Power of Setting Context
- Undamning the World
- What + How = Why
- Own Your Experience
- Transforming Conflict
- Discomfort as a Spiritual Practice
- Relational Aikido
- The Withhold Process
Schedule an Introductory Call with an ART Facilitator
Scheduling a call with one of our Course Leaders is a great way to get your questions answered firsthand by the amazing humans who facilitate our Level 1 courses.
We are here to help you feel comfortable with what to expect, share in more detail about the benefits of our Authentic Relating program, and to be a sounding board as you decide if ART Level 1 is a good fit for you.
ART level 1 Upcoming Dates:
- August 4 to 5 - Amsterdam, Netherlands (SOLD OUT)
- September 1 to 2 - Amsterdam, Netherlands ***NEW COURSE TO ACCOMMODATE WAIT LIST!***
- September 15 to 16 - Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
- September 22 to 23 - Seattle, Washington, USA
- September 29 to 30 - Portland, Oregon, USA
- September 29 to 30 - London, United Kingdom
- October 13 to 14 - Victoria, BC, Canada
- October 20 to 21 - Vancouver, BC, Canada
- November 17 to 18 - Boulder, Colorado, USA
- More upcoming locations (dates TBD) - Melbourne, Byron Bay, Sydney
Course Schedule: Saturday & Sunday, 10am - 8pm